Microsoft Teams can be a vital tool in different types of work environments, providing you with many functionalities, advantages, and more.
As such, it is important to know how to install this program across different devices.
Download Microsoft Teams
If you still don’t know how to install Microsoft Teams on your phone or computer, there is no need to worry. In this article, we will provide you with a detailed explanation of where to download the app for multiple devices and how to install it.
How to download and install Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams is an entirely free and multi-platform work tool, which allows you to communicate with your work or education team. To download Microsoft Teams across multiple platforms, you just have to follow these steps:
Windows is one of the most popular operative systems used worldwide and it is highly compatible with Microsoft Teams. You can install this program on a 32-bit or a 64-bit computer, by downloading and installing the program with the x86 architecture installer, following these steps:
- First off, you have to access the Microsoft Teams section on Microsoft’s official website.
- Here you need to look for the Download for Desktop option and click on it.
- The Microsoft site will prompt you to write your email, and then it will provide you with a download link for the program.
- After the download dialogue opens up, you have to hit Save File and wait for the download to be completed.
- With the installer in your files, you only need to double-click the Microsoft Teams installer and follow the installation steps. Here you will have to select an installation route for the program, accept the Terms & Conditions, and finally install the program.
- After you have installed the program, you can open up the app and log into it by using your Microsoft Account, be it with your work mail, Hotmail, Gmail, or any other e-mail.
Mac OS users can easily install Microsoft Teams on their Mac Desktops, providing them with access to this powerful app. To install this program on your Mac OS desktop, follow these steps:
- Access the Microsoft or Office official website.
- Using the search engine or navigation menu, look up the Microsoft Teams section.
- Here, download the desktop version of the program. When you are using a Mac OS desktop, the site will automatically prompt you to download the compatible version for your device.
- The site will prompt you to input your email, after that the download will start.
- Open the “.pkg” file to start the installation, and follow the installation steps.
- When you have successfully finished the installation, you will be able to open up the app and log in with your Microsoft Account, using any e-mail you desire.
Android OS devices
You can install Microsoft Teams on most devices featuring an Android OS using two ways: the Google Play site or the app. To install this app on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Access the Google Play official website or open the Play Store app. You can also look for the app on Microsoft’s official website.
- Look up the Microsoft Teams app in the navigation menu or the search engine.
- Now, you only need to click the Install button and wait for the installation to be done. If you are using the website, you have to be logged into your account and choose the device where you want the program to be installed.
- After the installation is complete, just open up the app and log in with your Microsoft Account, and start using the program.
iOS devices are also compatible with Microsoft Teams. To download and install Microsoft Teams across different versions of iOS devices, you have to follow these steps:
- Access Microsoft’s official website, the App Store on your phone, or the App Store official website.
- Look up Microsoft Teams using the search engine or the navigation menu.
- Choose the Download or Install option, depending on whether you are using the Microsoft site or the App Store.
- After the installation is complete, look for the Microsoft Teams icon on your device and open it up.
- You can now access Microsoft Teams with your Microsoft Account and start working with your team.