Version: 126.96.36.19938 – Zoom became one of the most popular and widely used video-chatting, messaging, and conference apps used worldwide.
If you are going to start using this app for your workplace, education group, or even for family chatting, it is important that you know to install it. In this article, we provide you with a detailed explanation of where to download the Zoom app and how to install it.
Download Zoom Cloud Meetings
Downloading & Installing Zoom across devices with multiple OS
The Zoom app is entirely free and it is compatible with most desktop and mobile OS used nowadays like Windows and Mac for desktop computers, and iOS and Android for mobile devices. In this section, we explain how to download this multi-platform app across different devices.
Installing Zoom on your Windows and Mac desktop
If you are using a Windows or Mac desktop, downloading and installing Zoom can be quite easy. You will have to do this over the official site, where you will find these installers and even installers used for other OS. To install Zoom on your Mac or Windows desktop computer, follow these steps:
- Access the Zoom official website.
- Look for the download center, by scrolling down to the bottom of the site and clicking on the Download option.
- In this case, you will have to download the Client for Meetings, which is the app used for desktop (Mac & Windows) to access the platform. To download the program, hit the Download button, and the site will automatically recognize the ideal installer for your computer and OS.
- The download will be starting automatically or you will be prompted to select the destination folder, varying on your browser configuration. After the download is complete, open the installer.
- The installation process should be starting automatically, now you only need to wait for the progress bar to complete.
- After the installation of the program, the app will open up automatically and prompt you to sign in. You can sign in with your Facebook account, Google Account, or with an SSO. After login in, you can start chatting, video chatting, talking over VoIP, or joining conferences.
Installing Zoom on your iOS mobile device
Zoom being a multi-platform app, it is available to install on iOS devices like iPhones, iPads, and any other device featuring an iOS. To install this program on your iOS device, you only need to follow these steps.
- You can download the Zoom app by accessing the Download Center on Zoom’s official website, or by looking up the app in the App Store on your iOS device or the App Store official website.
- To access the iOS Zoom app via the Download Center, access the Zoom official site, scroll down to the bottom of the site, and click on the Download option, then, click on the Download in App Store option.
- You can also access the Zoom App Store section by opening the App Store via the website or the app, then using the search engine to look up the app.
- After finding the Zoom section in the App Store, touch the Install option and wait for the installation to be completed on your iPhone or iPad.
- Finally, open up the app on your iOS device and log into your Zoom account using the different available methods.
Installing Zoom on your Android mobile device
Installing the Zoom app on the different Android mobile devices will allow you to join conferences using your Android tablet, smartphone, or any other device compatible with the app. To download and install this app on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Access the Zoom section in the Google Play store:
- You can go to the Download Center at the bottom of the official Zoom website and hit the Download option, and then hit the Download in Google Play option.
- Or you can directly access the Google Play site or app and look for the Zoom app in the search engine.
- After you found the Zoom app, hit the Install button.
- Wait for the installation to be complete on your smartphone or Android device.
- Log into your Zoom account by using the different available methods.
Other important Zoom apps available
The Client Meeting is not the only available app that can be installed from Zoom. There are also browser extensions, plugins, and more. These are the most important options you can download in the Download Center at the official Zoom website.
- Client for Meetings.
- Plugin for Microsoft Outlook.
- Plugin for IBM Notes.
- Extension for Browsers.
- Mobile Apps.
- Client Plugin for Sharing iPhone/iPad.
- Rooms for Conference Rooms and Touchscreen Displays.
- Controllers for Zoom Rooms.
- Plugin for Skype for Business.